Sunday, May 2, 2010

Residential rain barrel installation

So today is a quickie post, back to the home garden.

Been planning a rain barrel for a few years without executing. Finally got around to it. First level the spot as best I can - pea gravel and cinder blocks.

Next, remove the old down spout
























Measure and cut - this was not as easy as I wanted, had a heckuva time getting the bend to fit the down spout.

Now re-assemble and put it back up.

I hope it is level enough and the bigger overflow I installed works correctly! 

By the way, the peonies are doing just what I said they would, the supports are nearly obscured.


Well, that's all for now. Until Later.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, nice to see you at my blog today...I've been dreaming of a rain barrel for years. Hooray for you, glad you got yours installed!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...