Today was setting up the rain barrel system. A full 8 hours work, so I am tired and sunburned but pleased. The steak, potatos O'Brien and cabernet help!
First we repurposed some old gutters.
Next we figured out how to assemble three barrels together but that will fill and drain evenly. The idea was a manifold connecting them and filling from the bottom up. We did make some air bleeder holes in the tops of the barrels so they will not pressurize.
Anyway here is the fitting assembly. We were fortunate in that the bungs are 1.75" threaded so we just needed to get the same size fittings. The rest is 2" PVC.